WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- You’ll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefits
- To assist store management with basic store operations, developing of associates, and achieving sales goals and standards of performance (store and personal).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Perform all opening and closing duties according to company policy
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in Store Management’s absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices in Store Management’s absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Management.
- Make nightly bank deposits.
- Complete all assigned tasks and responsibilities promptly.
- Complete all required training.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Resolve customer issues effectively
- Prior retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Completed all training programs leading up to Sales Lead position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. *
* Age requirement for full time employment may vary based on state.
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome benefits: https://www.journeys.com/careers
The hourly pay rate varies per County, City, or State and potential commission results. Benefits offered may include medical, vision, and dental insurance starting on day one, a vacation package, and community service hours.
Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental disability of otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or registered domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Any applicant or employee who needs a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment or to perform the essential functions of his or her job should email [email protected] or call (615)367-7467. Genesco’s employment practices will continue to be directed toward full utilization of all available human resources. We believe that this approach to our human resources is not only legally and morally proper, but also is an intelligent and economic business practice.