COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
* Floor Time: $16/hour
* Session Pay: $23 to $51/session
* Complimentary Gold’s Gym membership
* Health Benefits, Paid Vacation
CONTINUING EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Paid for and provided for you by Gold’s Gym through Active Life Fitness Professional, a unique and valuable benefit provided for all Personal Trainers at Gold’s Gym Newburgh and Middletown.
Gold’s Gym is seeking to add talented individuals interested in joining our personal training team at the Newburgh & Middletown locations. This is an exciting opportunity for certified personal trainers, exercise science students/graduates, and others looking to pursue a full time career in fitness.
* Nationally recognized personal training certification or willingness to obtain within 30 days
* Passion for fitness and helping others
* Exercise science, kinesiology, or other related background preferred, but not required
* Team player who demonstrates humility and welcomes feedback
* Understanding and driven by the Personal Training department mission and values
* Ability to work 35-40 hours per week, including weekends
* Possesses passion, ambition, drive, and knowledge regarding the fitness industry
* High school diploma/GED required or equivalent work experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excels in time management, organizational and follow-up skills
* Computer literate, tech savvy, energetic, and friendly
* CPR/AED certification (required upon hire)
* Work all scheduled floor hours and book member assessments in helping to build your personal training business
* Attend and actively participate in weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly meetings
* Continual pursuit of coaching excellence and professional development as a personal trainer through Active Life Fitness Professional (paid for by Gold’s Gym).
* Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions.
* Fast-paced environment with multiple tasks going simultaneously
* Very socially-focused; requires “how can I help you?” attitude.
* Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship.
* Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important.
* Position requires a need for a persuasive, “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style.
* Team environment: You must be willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves to help out when necessary.
* Adhere to Gold’s Gym core values inside and outside of the gym (including social media)
* Be an open source of communication
* Be fully prepared for personal training sessions with programming completed prior to the session, arriving at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled sessions
* Uphold and maintain standards of cleanliness and preparedness as it pertains to local guidelines
* Continued education and never-ending pursuit of coaching excellence